So I did this backwards...these would be my picks 5-10. :)
pics from style.com
(1) No. 21. It's sad that Alessandro Dell'Acqua lost the rights to his name, but he's back with this awfully-named line that has some truly pretty pieces. (It's named after his favorite number....yawn with me.) He used all of my favorite fabrics and had my number one print of the season - that blue floral splatter-print is delicious. Loved the shapes and the colors and I thought the collection was just really nice.
(2) D&G. LOVED the snow bunny theme. Cute and cozy - the finale dresses were gorgeous and I adored every pair of shorts that hit the catwalk. I also think that between this show and Chanel, we'll be seeing furry boots as a major trend next fall. Not sure how I feel about that.
(3) Christian Dior. Another line that almost always makes it into my top ten. I'm a huge fan of horses, so I was really into the equestrian theme. There were a few too many chiffon dresses - but when they're this pretty, I'm not going to complain. Loved the knee socks!
(4) Reem Acra. I find myself obsessing over evening gowns every season (usually Marchesa), as if I have somewhere to go. If I did, though, Reem Acra would be my first stop. I can see Rachel Zoe sporting any of the longer, draped numbers. The fabrics are rich and luxurious, but the shapes are still youthful and sexy.
(5) Elie Tahari. This is why, during my last post, I had to stress the fact that these are based on my personal style and not "fashion merit." I don't think Elie Tahari ever makes it into Vogue editorials, but I thought this collection was completely wearable and totally comfortable. Nothing particularly mind-blowing, but I can appreciate that, too. I'm so into the slightly oversized suits, although, again, nowhere to go in them. I'll take the camel one now, though. Please and thank you.
What were your favorite Fall 2010 shows?